Friday, February 8, 2013

Softly Snowing/Lumen sataessa

Untitled

As we wait for winter storm Nemo to get to Northern Maine, the snow is softly falling.

Untitled

It was a perfect afternoon for a snowshoeing adventure.

Untitled

It was Mr. D's idea, and Little Miss is always ready for action. I am so glad I decided to go, too.

Untitled

While it would have been fun to make a family outing, it is always special to do something with only one or two of the kids.

Here Mr. D is showing me moss that makes a great fire starter (as he had learned last weekend, when they started a fire with a Swedish fire steel. Another good starter is dryer lint! I might just start filling our jacket pockets with lint from now on, you know, for emergencies;-)

Untitled

Little Miss is wearing Missy's old snowshoes. I realized we have four pairs of the same size (very typical in this household..), and I was thinking I might want to sell three pairs. But maybe not. When my sister comes to visit with her littles we have enough snow shoes for almost everyone!

Untitled

This is how snowy it is today. Let's see what tomorrow brings!!

Untitled Untitled

My kids enjoy giving themselves snow showers. Again, tomorrow their showers should be plentiful!

Untitled

We ended up on the lake. Brrr.... The wind was brutal!

Untitled

Still, we had a nice homeschool PE hour. And then it was great to go inside for a big mug of hot chocolate and a cup of turkey soup. Mmm...




*************************************************************************

Odottelemme täällä pohjois-Mainessä talven isoa lumimyrskyä. Koko päivän onkin pehmeästi satanut lunta, ja niin iltapäivällä menimme lumikenkäilemään Pikkuneidin ja Mr. D:n kanssa. Kivaa oli, vaikka huomenna varmasti olisimme saaneet talsia syvemmässä lumessa:)

5 comments:

  1. Now I get all the Nemo comments on Facebook! I couldn't figure out why they were talking about Nemo visiting and the jokes! LOL

    Looks like a great time snowshoeing!

    Wonder how much snow we'll have come morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great winter day!! =)

    Miss you guys! It has been such a looooong time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessy, too funny!! All that hype and you missed it:) You probably got slammed with snow? We... not so much. But we'll take anything we can get, and it's snowing this morning, too!

    Miss you, too, Bethany!!!!!!!! Congrats on your new home<3

    mountain mama, we love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy I am so thrilled I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Aol for something
    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work.
    Also visit my blog post ; http://dsvs-sote.de/

    ReplyDelete