Thursday, April 29, 2010

Best Classroom Ever/Paras luokkahuone!



This is how I discovered Missy doing school today. Taking a Language Arts test on the balcony, looking at the glimmering ocean and an occasional dolphin swimming by. (Mr. D woke up early this morning and finished school by 9 am!) School doesn't get much better than this!

We are using SOS homeschooling program this year and it truly has opened the world to us as a classroom - now I scratch my head and wonder why I fought so hard against homeschooling last year.. It has been one of the best decisions we have ever made as a family!

*******

En tiedä miksi taistelin niin kovin kotikoulua vastaan viime vuonna, se on ollut yksi meidän perheen parhaimmista ratkaisuista. Tänään Missy teki englannin kielen kokeen parveekkeella ja yksi veljistä heräsi aikaisin ja sai koulutehtävät tehtyä ennen klo 9:00. Voiko koulunkäynti olla parempaa kuin tämä??

2 comments:

  1. If you had asked me a year ago how I felt about homeschooling, I would have said, "It's not for me." One year later, (especially now that I am expecting a child), homeschooling has become one of our options.

    Sure, we have plenty of time to think about it and who knows where we will be when that time comes, but having been on the road for a year and meeting others online who do homeschool their children has left me with a definite positive opinion of homeschooling.

    Glad to hear it's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lani, even though I knew a lot of homeschooling families, I just always *knew* it wasn't for me. And I guess in a way I'm still not your typical homeschooling mom, I'm not doing it out of passion for it.. Or think it's the only way (even for our family). It just fits our family's current life style so well! And SOS program is fantastic!! All the best to your family as you make that decision, and I think it is wise to keep an open mind - even this early :)

    ReplyDelete