Thursday, April 21, 2011

Praising God At The Laundromat/Ylistystä pesulassa :)

It is amazing how God is involved in life's little details - if we have the eyes to see.



Three days ago I was feeling so fatigued with homeschooling, just ready to throw in the towel. Just call sixth grade over and done with. Three of my students are pretty close to a point where I probably could do that, but the end doesn't seem anywhere near with one of my students.

Spur of the moment I sent a tweet to cyberworld: "I am in a Spring slump. No energy or inspiration to finish #homeschool."

Not a minute went by when God spoke to my heart (out of nowhere this verse pops in my head - I know it's God talking to me): "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

Wow - I immediately had to tweet that verse to the cyberworld - that was so cool! I felt so encouraged and strengthened to finish the day. Thank you, God!!



Until yesterday we woke up to an ice storm. Yes, April 20th we got an ice storm here in Northern Maine. We had electricity (thank you, God!!!), but we lost our internet connection mid-morning. I could go online on my iPhone, and the Captain has a back-up internet connection (hotspot) on his iPhone so he can work, but we couldn't do school.

I had a really hard time having a good attitude yesterday. Yes, I was thankful for not having lost power, I knew I had a lot to be grateful, but being in our cold 'camp', not even seeing outside as the ice covered our windows, having the strong winds blow cold air into the house (we need to insulate the house), still not having the washing machine or dishwasher made me discouraged and it was hard to find cheer.

After getting an email notification today was going to be more of the same made me actually consider packing the family (and dirty laundry!!) in our car and just headed back to our modern house in New Hampshire where life is quite easy.

We decided to hang on. Last night I did realize that a day without internet (= no homeschool) would have been a good day to spend at the laundromat. The roads were slick though, but I decided if we didn't have internet today and if the roads weren't too bad, I would get our laundry washed - if we can't do school I can 'afford' to spend hours at the laundromat.

I had been so excited to discover the Wash & Fold service, only to use it once, then find out both Laundromats that offer the service pretty much close their businesses for a couple of weeks to a month mid-April (slow time, which is good for the business owners to take their vacations). Fortunately one has open doors so you can use their machines. Good thing, as it was getting (again) to a point where I was contemplating an online order on more clothes or another trip to Walmart.



So, right now I am sitting at the laundromat, washing four loads of laundry. No internet, of course, but I'll just save this post and publish when I can. And since I am alone, I can blast worship music from my iPhone and be strengthened. Thank you, Jesus!!

The thing is - which I didn't connect until today sitting here alone in the Laundromat - I think God allowed us a small Spring break from homeschooling to strengthen us. I even got a bit (ok, a lot!) of time alone, a luxury for a homeschool mom.



So thank you, God, for allowing us a couple of days of no internet to take a break from school, getting clean clothes again, and getting some things done around the camp :)

********************

Pari päivää sitten koin suurta kevätväsyä kotikoulun pitämistä kohtaan. En olisi jaksanut enää jatkaa. Lähetin tweetin cybermaailmaan, muttei minuuttiakaan kulunut, kun Jumala puhutteli (tämä raamatunlause vain pulpahti mieleen): "Kaikki minä voin hänessä, joka minua vahvistaa.". Heti koin oloni rohkaistuksi ja vahvemmaksi, kiitos Jeesus!

Eilen valitin jäämyrskystä ja internetin menettämisestä. Oli kylmä, emmekä saaneet kotikoulua pidettyä. Kuten kirjoitinkin, oli vaikeuksia pitää lippua korkealla. Aamulla tänään heräsimme lumisateeseen, eikä internet toiminut vieläkään. Mutten halunnut samanlaista päivää kuin eilen - itsesäälissä voi rypeä vain niin kauan, varsinkin, kun oikeasti asiat on niin hyvin!! (Kyllä, yritän olla aito ja rehellinen, en todellakaan ole ylpeä kuinka myrtsinä olin eilen.)

Olen kiitollinen, että Jumala on niin kärsivällinen meidän kanssamme, ja tälläkin kertaa näytti minulle siunauksensa asioissa, joista ensin nurisin. Nyt pystyn kiittämään Taivaan Isää mahdollisuudesta pestä pyykkiä itsepesulassa, pitäen taukoa kotikoulusta (mitä tarvitsin, vaikken sitä ensin edes ymmärtänyt!). Täällä istun pesulassa yksin, ylistysmusiikki soi kännykästäni, ja saan 'omaa aikaa', jota kotikouluope-äiti ei kovin usein saa. Niin ja perhe saa taas puhtaita vaatteita käyttöön :) Kiitos, Jeesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment